Saturday, December 27, 2014

The Great ADVENTure- day 23,24,&25

The Great ADVENTure- day 23,24,&25

Back at my mom's I decided a day of recouping and regrouping, collecting and organizing was in store.
I went out to the RV and hooked my phone up to the Bluetooth soundbar Chris installed and rocked out to pandora "frozen" channel while cleaning and reorganizing. Things had gotten so shifted and misplaced that I didn't know where everything was. I didn't want to head to Florida being so out of order.
I started in the front and went through and finished in the back. Mary Jane snuggled on the fold out couch in a big pile of blankets while I cleaned.
She threw up the night before and my dad went out late to a 24 hour pharmacy for some zofran. I wanted to have it on hand in case what she had was a tummy virus and it was going to sweep the entire family, taking us down one at a time.
It turned out that the throw up was just caused by intense coughing.
As the day wore on her health improved slowly.
I caught the laundry up and prepared for Chris to come into town.
On Wednesday I took the kids to peachtree dekalb airport. It was super brisk and Alice and john were asleep in the RV so we only stayed to watch a few planes (and one helicopter)take off. We then went to powers ferry to pick up the best BBQ in Atlanta at a little place called Heirloom. I picked out the sides- collard greens, Mac and cheese, and coleslaw. I bought the brisket, the pork, and the chicken. And I got hotlanta, Korean BBQ, and table BBQ sauce. Hotlanta was the best.
On Thursday I took the kids up to red robin off exit 13 on 400 for their cousin David's bday party. I wasn't sure about MJ going into the restaurant so her and I stayed in the parking lot in the RV with Alice and watched Macaulay Culkin in the nutcracker on netflix. She and I ordered through Samantha via text and food was brought out to us. I think I could get used to that.
Chris and Henry got in late Thursday night. They rented a van and drove up to mom's. Henry got the house key and snuck inside and Chris climbed into bed with Alice and I in the camper.
So pictures of the layout of the camper. Behind the driver is the dinette that sits four in seat belts. It can also fold down to a bed. We have the two car seats facing each other and next to them we have seats during the day and a long skinny bed at night. Typically a little girl will sleep there.
Behind the passenger seat is a bench seat that has three seatbelts. It folds out into a twin-ish sized bed. Typically Samantha will sleep there at night.
Above the driver- where you see john and sprite- that's a big big bed. The three boys share that space at night.

Along the drivers side beyond the dinette is a kitchenette- sink, microwave, and stove top. Beyond that is the toilet and mini sink in a little closet. Across from the toilet closet is a shower. We use the space as a dirty clothes hamper and a shoe bin. It also holds the broom and dustpan.
Between the shower and the fold out couch is the entry and stairwell.
And then in the way back is the master bed- it was originally a queen bed with walking space all around the front three sides. I put in some boxes and foam on one side and then a king memory foam mattress topper over the boxes and foam filler to turn it into a king bed. It works nicely for giving us more space and helping Alice not fall off that one side.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...