Friday, January 2, 2015

The Great ADVENTure: day 26,27,28,29,&30

The Great ADVENTure: day 26,27,28,29,&30
I'm putting all of this together because there's a lot of sickness in these days.  Frankie began to get ill as well as George and I on our way down to Florida.  
George was having a killer sore throat.
Frankie had a fever and slept nearly the whole trip from Atlanta to Orlando. 
We stayed at bluegreen fountains resort.  It was beautiful and clean and comfortable.  But I just wanted my bed and my house.  I wanted my medicine cabinet.
I was feeling a nagging throat tickle so when Chris took me to wallgreens for diapers I also bought a mini- medicine cabinet.  Ester-c, mucinex, Epsom salts, advil, emergen-c, throat coat tea, and gypsy cold care tea, and honey. 
I spent my days in the room with whomever was feeling poorly that day.  Chris did take everyone to a place that sold 5 minute helicopter rides.   I went and sat in the hot tub a few times during the stay.  I preferred hot Epsom baths in the condo.  
Saturday night we went out to an outdoor showing of the nutcracker.  There were food trucks and since everyone had pizza at the condo I had some really yummy Philippino pulled pork nachos with tons of sriracha all over it.  
Sunday night we all went to Gaylord Palms to the old hickory restaurant to celebrate Chris's dad's 60th.  Chris's aunt and uncle joined us for a beautiful time.  
Monday the kids went go-carting.  I stayed home with Alice and john. And that night we all went to downtown Disney.  It was such a mess.  So many people there.  I think I lost john three times in a matter of 5 minutes.  I had to get out of there.  It made me so grateful that we didn't do the parks.  It reminded me of doing Disneyland in Anaheim when Henry was 4.  All about bolting off at that age.
Tuesday was our drive home.
We woke early and left Orlando before the rush.  We hit Atlanta right about rush hour though and we still had so much driving to do.  I picked up the camper from my mom's house and then we caravanned back to the airport to drop the rental van.  Once we dropped the van we drove all the way back up to the lake house we had rented for a few days on Lanier.
We forgot about the Lanier lights- well, we didn't forget they had the beautiful lights up, we just forgot everyone else would be there too.
So we had to wade through crowds of people driving 5 miles an hour- "pretty good for a Lincoln!"- in order to get to our place.
Once we checked in and felt out our house we went back to the lodge to grab some dinner at the bullfrog grill.  And then we came back to hit the hay.
Chris and I watched duck dynasty while I rubbed his hamstrings out.  All the driving was getting his hamstrings in a fit.  



 







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...