Saturday, August 6, 2011

i am reminded how much i hate sugar:(

two days ago i could still take the stairs two at a time. yesterday i just felt too sluggish to do so. today my hips just won't let me. i feel like an 80 year old arthritic. it is really sad and painful. it began in the middle of the night last night. an achy crampy feeling much like i get after a long hiking day with little water and not enough warmth on my legs during sleep.
this morning i took calcium/magnesium/zinc to open up my neuromuscular pathways a bit. despite the nutrients my hips just got worse. christina texted me some exercises and stretches to do that helped open my hips with a "pop" momentarily, but if i sit too long i become stiff and can't easily get up. my knuckles are stiff too! i tried to knit a bit of a washcloth this morning and it just didn't flow right.
so no matter how good that pie tasted or how creamilicious that ice cream was- it stinks. it really does. i think for my birthday i want a nice rare steak off of chris' grill. mmmm. all the taste and none of the stiffness. knitting, two stairs at a time, and feeling like a 20 year old. that's where i want to be again. and no amount of sugar is going to stop me.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Good for you, Elizabeth. I know how you you feel. I just threw out my last container of vanilla ice cream after weaning off my nightly ice cream snack since 2009. I feel lighter on my feet already.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...