Friday, December 19, 2014

The Great ADVENTure: day 20

The Great ADVENTure: day 20

Sunday.
I woke up and brought Alice and john inside. The bigger kids were already up and playing mariokart.
Jerome made cheese eggs for breakfast. John and Alice ate them with gusto. Margaret and I decided to go to All Saint's at 10:30 so we could see Father Joseph. I needed to head to Regina's to get our clothes since we were headed to my friend Joyce's house after mass.
I swung by Regina's and piled Gianna, Samantha, and Christina into our camper while the bigger boys jumped out and rode in her van.
I was not dressed. Alice and john weren't dressed. And we were projected to be 5 minutes late by my phone. As predicted, we pulled into All Saint's parking lot 5 minutes after 10:30 and I created a space in an already full lot. Samantha started getting Alice dressed while I tended to john. We swapped halfway through when Alice had a meltdown because Samantha was trying to shove her head through a small hole.
Everything felt wrong. Like everything was sparking and popping and hot in my brain. I tried to look at the situation objectively and that helped only a little bit.
Once they were dressed I sent them in with the big girls and stayed behind to get myself dressed.
The last time I was at All Saint's Alice was throwing a fit at having to get dressed in a baptismal gown- more than a year ago. I sat in the cry room and thought about that day. Frankie hadn't had her seizure yet. We hadn't moved yet.
Fjp didn't distribute communion again- his attempt at not catching this year's flu. After mass a parishioner grabbed his elbow and murmured an uplifting greeting. Fjp grimaced at the pain the man was unknowingly causing. His face and head is but the tip of his wounded iceberg. So much is hidden beneath his vestments.
We went to a Mexican restaurant nearby. Fjp had called ahead and booked the whole bar area.
Max and Isaac tried to order a margarita.
A little while later the waiter brought by a giant margarita and nearly put it on the table before, at the last minute, he swooped away towards another table saying "sorry amigos".
The tamale was delicious. As well as the burrito. I think Seattle has made me deficient in vitamin mex.
After lunch we took several pictures and headed north. Joyce and her kids were still at mass so we stopped by lifetime fitness for some climbing and swimming. It was so nice to soak and float and let Alice play in the zero entry. Seattle needs lifetime fitness yesterday.
I stopped for eggs and milk at our old sugar hill Kroger before pulling up to Joyce's house. We caught up while the bigger kids played Legos and the younger kids played Zelda. For dinner we ate spaghetti and meatballs. After dinner was cleared away, we loaded up the camper. We found our way back to the Kroger shopping center and stopped at the auto parts store for a rear light lightbulb. The kids waited for us to install the new lightbulb and then we headed to Yogli Mogli for yummy treats. My favorite flavor is tart. It has this same tongue tingling zap that kombucha has. The evening wrapped up with some relaxation and drinks for Joyce and I while the kids watched "earth to echo".

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...