Saturday, November 29, 2014

The Great ADVENTure: day 4- Black Friday

The Great ADVENTure: day 4- Black Friday

Chris drove the sun up this morning. I took over just south of St Louis and he went to the back to sleep. I needed sunglasses it was so bright and my eyes just haven't dealt with morning sun that direct in such a long time! My limited yet eclectic music mix was starting to get old. I ate sunflower seeds for awhile. Drank my bottled vanilla iced coffee drink. Drank kombucha. Drank water. Those salty sunflower seeds!
But the turning, the cracking softly, the turning again, the splitting, and the sifting to find the smooth seed amidst all the rough husk material was keeping me alert.
While I was working on bypassing Memphis Alice woke to be fed.
Chris took the wheel and got us to Nashville and couldn't go anymore. I bought another iced coffee but I think I was so excited to see the arendales and my new niece that I didn't need it. I still worked on the sunflower seeds though. And my water was now spiked with lemonade from chick fil a. Glorious chick fil a. Before Chris got us to Nashville he stopped for lunch and the grilled chicken was better than I remembered. Alice ate her first chick fil a waffle fry.
We pulled up to grandmas house at about 3.
All the kids went outside to play.
George and max went and set up a snipers nest on the playground and shot targets in the swamp that edges the backside of the playground.
I took a bath and Chris took a nap.
After spaghetti and meat marinara Chris took me out to catch up with some of his friends from highschool.
Those guys are extremely gifted and driven. It's so amazing how so many gifted guys- all of them gifted in brains, athletics, and humor- came together in this northern Alabama city. They are just really neat and I'm blessed to know them and count them as my friends as well.


Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...