Thursday, September 25, 2014

September thankfulness

I'm over the moon thankful that September isn't a wash here.  I was fearful it would be.  My husband told me "after Labor Day- the rains come".  So All through august I dreaded September.
September is typically my favorite month.  School supplies, cooler mornings, getting out the box of fall clothes, knitting, tea drinking, laying in the grass, hiking, pumpkins, apples, falling in love, fall league soccer season, falling leaves, spiraling helicopter seeds.
But it was all that and more here- (well, minus the fall soccer reference).  The weather was BEAUTIFUL!  More beautiful than I remember Georgia being.  Georgia is still 90s on some September days.  And here it was 75.  I've gotten used to it.  75 felt cold to me when I was visiting but I've learned you have to be prepared in order tone comfortable.
As I type this we are on our second day of rain.  Not too bad.
Samantha and I went running in it yesterday morning.  It felt good and invigorating.  Wonder if it will feel the same when it's rainy and 32.
I know! I know!  Be prepared!
But something else awesome that is yet to come this month is Samantha's birthday.  She wanted a nose piercing but needs a new e-reader so is opting for the more practical choice- ha!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...