Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Mary Jane is 8!!!

She spent the early part of the day making plastic iron-set art pieces. And when daddy got home he took all of us to seattle center. We ate dinner at the space needle!!!
The kids really enjoyed it. It started out super stressful for me but turned out to be nice. Alice yelled when we sat down. And didn't stop even after nursing. So I got up and walked her back to the observation deck. She was in such a state I figured I'd just skip dinner. It wouldn't be peaceful having a screaming baby at the table. Now would I be at peace if Chris came and held her, screaming, and let me eat.
But the appetizer and bread hit the table and Chris texted me a "come back!" Alice was super hungry. She turned into a happy camper after a few buttered breads. She still is such a distracted nursling I doubt she had transferred any milk before the meal.
Chris ordered me a salmon that was laid atop some tiny assorted soft skin potatoes and what tasted like walnuts.
I had a taste of everyone's dish around me and it seemed like the theme of the chef was sweet sauces. The walnuts on my plate were sweet and the sauce on Henry's ribs was sweet. Chris had the lamb chop and the sauce on his was as well. Some
Of the little kids ordered the hotdog and Mac and cheese plate. One end of the hotdog was spliced and made to look like an octopus.
http://hostedmedia.reimanpub.com/TOH/Images/Photos/37/300x300/exps14987_KFCC1115482D27A.jpg

After dinner Chris ordered Mary Jane the "smoking dessert".
It was a sundae served in a bowl full of dry ice that spilled out and blanketed the table. We made nearly two revolutions over the course of the meal and after settling the bill
we went back down to the observation deck and looked at the displays.
It was so windy and chilly on the outdoor platform- I went out with Alice before dinner for a look and had to come back in pretty quickly.
After coming down the elevator we walked seattle center a bit and then loaded up into the van.
I'm fairly certain Mary Jane will remember this birthday for some time. But great places don't make up for the absence of great faces.

2 comments:

Sarah Faith said...

I have a letter for her sitting on my desk for the last several days and we didnt' mail it in time b/c I was waiting for a few more kids to contribute. We'll get it to her a bit late! xo to MJ! Happy belated birthday!

elizabeth said...

:blush. We did the same with sorens notes. They are sitting waiting for me to collect them and find the stamps! I must buy a brand new book for each letter and then promptly misplace them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...