Monday, September 1, 2014

Notes late august 2014

8/23/14- closed on the Georgia house yesterday. RV shopping today in Everett and we decided on a 30 foot 2008 rig. Alice took 4 consecutive steps yesterday. By the end of the day she had built up to 7 consecutive steps.
Sitting in Safeway parking lot waiting on Chris. I explained the science behind jedidiah's diagnosis.
Kids hiked into Stevens pass- went off trail and It took awhile for me to find them. It felt like a primal mom moment.

8/25/14-
Alice can't decide where she would rather be- in the living room with the kids? Or in mommy's closet with mommy? It's a "The grass is always greener moment."

8/26/14-
Waiting in line for Henry's locker.
Freshman orientation.
In a thoughtful mood.

8/28/14-
Frozen movie in the park. A beautiful and fun evening with the kids. Older boys opted out of the outdoor impromptu "sing along"/"scream along"
8/29/14-
Woke with a jerk, worried I overslept and missed an important appointment.
And then relief, I did NOT miss the appointment.
And then yet more relief, the appointment is for a massage!

8/30-8/31- drove up to whistler for the weekend. Here is everyone's favorite experiences...
Chris- the hotel
Me- the service at the hotel. Oh and the house chocolate. The one with the whole almonds in dark bark. And the way the pool smelled. All eucalyptusy. I also liked walking through the whistler farmers market Sunday afternoon.
Henry- the underwater radio in the lap pool
Samantha- crossing the border
Max- Canadian money, how it looks fake.
George- playing ball in the pool
Mary Jane- no comment
Frankie-
John- the complimentary blue noodle at the pool.
Alice- enjoying her first mint Oreo in the car on the way home.

Driving through Vancouver now. The city is so neat! It looks kind of hairy from a distance because every sky scraper has patios so the buildings silhouette isn't a clean line.

9/1/14- making my first cheesecake.
I'm hoping it turns out well!
I'm also making a few different berry syrups to top it with- so it'll be like a cheesecake bar which is perhaps my favorite kind of bar ever!
Ugh- today Alice choked on a penny for way longer than I'd care for anyone to choke. It was scary. I didn't know what was in her mouth. She began to breathe a bit after a pounding on her upper back but was still struggling with it. So I kept pounding and talking her down so she'd relax. And so I'd relax too!
I had her laid across my legs face down and I was pounding and pounding. And she finally coughed it onto the ground. Phew! Then she just cuddled with me and was very still for a couple minutes. She sat up in my lap after a bit and was shaking with what I guessed to be fatigue and shock. Then she nursed and was feeling a bit revived.

I'm so nervous about Henry's sending off tomorrow! The first few years of homeschooling he was my toughest student- just had a mind of his own and very willful and complaining. But now he works hard and is very diligent. He joked that for my birthday he would leave the house for most of the day- and while that would have been a nice present 10 years ago it's not so much of one now. He really is a neat kid and I'm proud of him. Sniff. Sniff.
At orientation he was handed a pamphlet for QSA three different times. The queer student association. He kind of huffed under his breath "just because my hair is died doesn't mean that I'm gay!"
So he died his hair to cover it. Or rather he asked me to do it. And now it's kind of ginger BC I guess he needed a darker brown.



Sent from my iPhone

1 comment:

Sarah Faith said...

Happy birthday, darling!
Too funny about henry's hair. Hope he likes school!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...