Friday, February 14, 2014

MJs first communion dress options

so we met with the DRE at our new church and the DRE said she can go ahead and start going to reconciliation. she suggested waiting another year for first communion- putting it off until may 2015. Not because she felt she wasn't ready- but for the sake of...
Community building???
I told her that was too long. That MJ had been wanting to go to communion since she was three! Throwing silent MJ style tantrums in front of the whole church when the priest didn't give her what she wanted. Deflating into a cumbersome bag of potatoes and making me do lunge while wearing baby Frankie and heft the sack of potatoes and carry the two of them- both of them not resembling waifish cupcakes in the least- and head back to our pew.
So the DRE relented and said I could put her in this years class. Shhh! Don't tell anyone she did this for MJ!
So- since we have done the learning....
Now, let's commence the dress designing!
She already decided on a bodice and skirt style. It's kind of a Cinderella type bodice- not the ball gown but her more humble house dress- it reminds me of a scapular that Carmelites wear- large front and back. Full skirt flaring out.
Then I drew up sleeve options for her today. Also a collar or no? She has decided and I'm going to work on the final sketch of her dress and veil.

5 comments:

Sarah Faith said...

oh, yay! great news! God bless MJ!

Zombiemommy said...

I like A!

elizabeth said...

Robin- I think she has decided but I can't remember which one:-P
I like A as well.
And Sarah, thanks for your blessing.:-)

Lisa said...

Praise God. Felicity is receiving her First Holy Communion May 4! I have my own beef regarding 'rules' here for homeschoolers.....Tatiana will be Confirmed , Lord willing, March 23. Tell MJ we are praying. Love ya. I need to So update my blog !

elizabeth said...

Yay felicity!
And I'll be praying for tat as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...