Friday, January 3, 2014

setting up home

we left all our furniture (except maybe one or two pieces) in Atlanta. So yesterday was all about shopping. We went to a furniture store and bought two sofas for our living room- for just $40 more than what the sofa and love seat would have been. After that we went to ikea and bought a bunch of things- most important was a mattress for us. And when I say us I mean- Chris, Alice, John, and me.
Frankie also sleeps in our room on her mattress(the kids got their mattresses new and shipped to the house a few weeks ago- thank you grandma a!)
So we are slowly but surely setting up the house. Today the kids went and sought out neighbor friends and grandpa and hans went to lowes to buy wood for our farmhouse table.
I'm excited to get to build it and use it and love it. I decided not to faux distress it since our family will put it's own authentic distress stamp on it with life going on as it does.

I'll leave off with a thought I had about Seattle today as I took an unpacking break and curled up on the new sofa with sweet Alice...

No wonder why Seattle is the home to many coffee joints- namely the ever-popular Starbucks. When you go days without seeing the sun, caffeine is about the only thing that will make you feel alive.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...