Monday, January 13, 2014

fairy tales

What's with all the adult versions of fairy tales?
I have a theory.
I think when reality gets kind of hairy it's nice to disappear into the world of fantasy.
Fantasy also gives growing minds a handle on the confusing world while at the same time providing a temporary escape from that same world.
So- as we were playing heads up the other night- I was reminded that I need to provide this to the younger kids.
We chose the category "fairy tales" for Frankie when it was her turn because we thought it would be perfect for her.  She missed clues like "little red riding hood", "hansel and gretel", and "Snow White".  The only clues she got right were the ones she'd seen in movies.  Like "rapunzel" in tangled.  And the little mermaid in the Disney botched up version.
So then and there I vowed to read them a fairy tale every day.  I put "fairy tales" on my shopping list but then later took it off when I found worldoftales.com
Every day after lunch we will read a fairy tale.  We are starting with the blue fairy book and are already on "the yellow dwarf".
George, Mary Jane, and Frankie gather in a room on a bed and cuddle up to listen.
Seattle has such good cuddle up in bed and read a book weather!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...