Sunday, November 24, 2013

baby blanket: done!

i started knitting this baby blanket more than 10 weeks ago. i like big baby blankets(receiving blankets are just too small!). And the idea of carrying around a giant knit baby blanket in the works was just too much. So instead I bought a bunch of different yarn balls and in my bag I carried around the little square I was currently working on at the time.
Each square is 30 stitches in as many rows that would make a square in garter stitch.
I wove them together last week.
And yesterday I crocheted a binding in only the warm rainbow colors- since we still don't know gender.
Sometimes that blows my mind.
This baby has been with me through 3 seasons of weather. Has been with me over many many miles. Has been with me through sleepless nights and surprise midday naps. Has been with me as I sweep, cook, launder. Has been with me as I float, recline, and stretch. And I still don't know if it's a boy or a girl. And the weird thing is in not bonded any less!
The girls all want a girl.
The boys all want a boy.
Chris thinks the baby is a girl.
My mind changes everyday about what I think the baby is.
But I know that either way I'll be pleased. My prayer is "a healthy and happy child".

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...