Friday, March 13, 2015

Railing against God

My mother in laws flying out to watch the kids while I am in atlanta.  Thank you so much for all of your prayers.  So many little consolations yesterday.  I also got to FaceTime with regina- she is in ICU with low platelets.  And I got to speak with Christina.  They are both struggling understandably- but really supported.  
A story I was just told is that a woman came up to one of the group at the hospital yesterday- she said she was an unbeliever and that watching the families surround each other was a witness to her.  It spoke volumes without using words.  And that she was rethinking her unbelief.  That touched me deeply today.  
Yesterday I kept thinking about Job- and how, just to make it all stop - all he had to do was rail against God.  Just hate on God.
I fell to that temptation yesterday.
But today is a new day.  

Praise you Lord for all your abundant blessings.
We are given way more than we actually deserve.
What we deserve makes me shudder, Lord.
Please don't give us that!  
But if you keep blessing us- that's fine with me!


--
Peace,
Elizabeth

1 comment:

Lisa said...

tears. I NEEDED to read your words today. I was not able to sleep thinking about all the suffering. I love you and YOUR amazing strength. As always you inspire me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...