Friday, January 24, 2014

guess who joined me on my walk this morning?

guess who joined me and Alice on our walk this morning?
The sun!
i nearly forgot it existed.
well, not really.
on yesterday's walk I was being haunted by my shadow. I kept thinking I was seeing my shadow walk alongside me. But I'd turn to look and it wasn't there.
It reminded me of those cartoons where two guys are stranded and one guy starts to imagine the other as a hotdog and the other guy imagines his friend as a roasted chicken. I was craving the sun and it was making me psycho.
and today the sun came to play!
my walk is really a hike to me still. It's a bunch of uphill/downhill. I hope it becomes "a walk" and eventually "a stroll in the park".
I keep track of my time, distance, pace, and elevation via the run keeper app.
And I'm going to come out and say that I resolved to go 500 miles this year.
There, I said it. Now you all can hold me accountable.
I'm behind schedule because of the move and unpacking but I still feel confident.

2 comments:

Sarah Faith said...

beautiful shots. I love the last one. light streaming always captivates me.

elizabeth said...

I loved the last one too.
So when you brave TSA and come out here, bring your camera bag!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...