Monday, October 21, 2013

Shady grove 2013: day two

I have never slept on the first night of camping as well as I slept last night. The couch cushion situation is so beautifully comfortable.  I knew sleep would be the key to making this trip great- and I was right!
I had made a couple big batches of granola for this trip and the kids were already digging in by the time I made it back from the bath house.
They had sliced oranges besides and afterward headed back down to the canoe.  The lake was so foggy- Samantha said she saw a fisherman standing in his boat but it looked like he rose out of the fog since his boat was completely shrouded from the shore.  
after they moored the boat I took Samantha, John, and Frankie to the store for wood, kindling, and ice.
We made it back and headed to the playground with our neighbors, the pasatiempos.  Laura is a good friend and has been through slot this year- the biggest trial was her pregnancy and cervical cancer ordeal.  She isn't in the clear yet- but her baby girl is adorably cute.  I'll try and snap a pic of them tomorrow.
After the playground we headed back to the campsite for lunch- tuna fish salad pita pockets and roasted red pepper and tomato soup.  
After lunch we headed back to the playground- and met up with a black ford truck on the way!
It was Christina bringing Mariana and faustina.  Regina came as well and we moved from the playground to the open field so everyone could play, what else? Soccer.
It was so nice to get to hang out with my sisters.  So nice.  And a beautiful fall day besides.  Samantha had been praying her special night prayers for the weather this weekend for months!
After what seemed like only an hour or two I realized it was already dinner prep time!  I didn't want to be surprised by sunset today!
I sautéed veggies and layered them on tortillas with cheese and retried beans fir veggie quesadillas.  We had them topped with guac and salsa.
The kids ate in shifts as they took the vivancos on canoe rides around the point.
We said goodbye to cousins and said hello to friends.  More and more torch friends were arriving to set up camp. The big boys split- I only have seen them once each when max came back for chocolate chip cookie s'mores and when henry came back to collect glow sticks.
Samantha is sleeping in a tent with her friends tonight.
Its almost ten and I'm feeling the need  to go on my own little man hunt for Henry and max so I can turn off the lantern and hit the hay.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...