Monday, October 14, 2013

a list of blessings

this may or may not have been a penance I received in confession last week.

ahem.

my list of blessings
Life(thanks mom and dad for being open to your 10th kid-)
My faith(2000+ years. And the devil is still trying to prevail- but ain't happened yet! BAM!- and oh, it is such a beautiful gift)
The Eucharist (the source and the summit)
My family(I won the family lottery folks)
Sister Mary Agnes(my bone marrow match should I so need)
Kathleen(who was my second mom)
Denise(who is my American idol)
Fr Joseph(who is strength incarnate)
Margaret(my wise and deep and quiet)
Fr Kevin(who is strong and faithful and not so quiet)
Rosemary(she permeates peace)
Sean(he is always a fun time)
Regina(like Kevin- only a girl)
Christina(my lifetime companion from the same womb)
My parents(life giving folks)
My husband(where can I begin?)
Henry(Chris' mini-me. I love the strength of his will)
Samantha(a truly well rounded and beautiful soul)
Max(so sensitive and sweet- my little chef)
George(creative and inspiring- a fresh look)
Mary Jane(quiet and loud- sweet and silly)
Frances(smart, sweet, and funny)
Jedidiah(my little sweet spot)
John(a firecracker for sure- but never too wound up for a cuddle)
Baby(currently has hiccups)
My nation(it has it's faults- but like dreamland barbecue "ain't nothin' like it nowhere")
My health(thank you God)
My friends(a salve to my soul)
My nieces and nephews(who knew these guys would be so neat? Like your own kids but not?)
The rosary(oh quiet strength- catch me!)
For holding me through losing a child(how can I ever doubt again?)
For having at a few times been "American poor" but never once going without my needs being met(He always has come through!)
My husband's job(steady work is not to be taken for granted- ever)
My education(from experience and from books- it has molded me into what I am)

And last, but certainly not least- forgiveness (inside and outside the confessional- it is the true measure of love)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...