Thursday, August 25, 2011

12 hour growth spurt


who else thinks this growth spurt is kind of ridiculous big?
first pic is from yesterday morning. i am 26 weeks and a few days.
second pic is from last night?!?!? yes, last night.
i could. not. stop. eating. yesterday.
wonder what is going on... wish i had a womb-cam.
in other news i have my first appointment with the practice who is
going to deliver "dolphin" later today. and yesterday i found myself
really excited for the first time in a LONG time about an appointment!
with jedidiah i always felt apprehensive- kind of a protective stance
before appointments. "what are we going to learn this time?". ioften
couldn't sleep the night before- and them i felt tight all day until i
was through.
and even with this baby. the first appointment when we got an
ultrasound too was a very anxious time for me. and even after the
ultrasound showed nothing wrong i still didn't look forward to
appointments. i think i just hated the practice. they made me feel
like a number, someone to bill. i prayed and prayed to know who i
should deliver with. i couldnt go back to dr.tate- he is such a
skilled doctor and so caring too. but he only delivers at emory
midtown and i couldn't go back there and see some of those nurses.
then after going back and reading frances' birth story i recalled how
much my midwife stood by me- she delivers at a different hospital-
which importantly isn't emory midtown. and i feel peace with this
decision. a deep peace and an excitement that i haven't felt in a
long time.

3 comments:

Megan said...

So excited for you to finally have someone you know, love and trust to deliver "dolphin!" I felt the same peace when I found Diane with Gifts from Grace, so I know the peace that you are feeling! :D

As far as the growth spurt pics - that is too funny! I would love love love to have a womb cam for every pregnancy. Such a beautiful journey for mom and baby!

Julie said...

Grow baby, grow! :-)

Sue said...

Ahhh...I sure do miss the San Diego breezes this summer! Looks like baby boy changed positions? Could it be twins that somehow they missed?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...