Saturday, October 31, 2009

"something i'm good at"

henry woke me up at 7:30 this morning. he wanted to serve mass and asked me for an alarm so i left my phone in his room.
he was the only server- a first for him. he had no one to whisper directions to him. he did great. i just LOVE that he has found something to be passionate about. one lady came up to me after mass and told me that she liked the way he rang the bells at the offratory.
on the way home he was beaming.
"mom, i'm good at two things now; paddling a canoe while standing and altar serving"
the kids are conducting a trader's market in the toy room with their bags of candy. henry just headed upstairs after he told the kids, "i'm not going to eat alot of candy. tomorrow is sunday and i've got to serve mass."
as the kids would say, "that's awesome sauce."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God bless you Henry! I can't wait to come home and have you serve a Mass with me! Love you buddy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...