Saturday, May 30, 2009

the soft structured carrier



i had a pattern for one but decided to just tear up my existing OLD OLD ergo and replace all the worn fabric with a fabric of my choice. the straps and belt are canvas and the body is some upholstery fabric i spotted in the remnant bin at hobby lobby. i started sometime around 5 yesterday evening and finished at about 9pm the same night. i was working feverishly because i feel so outnumbered without an ergo to carry the bean in.
now this carrier is going to my good friend so far away- just as soon as i make one for myself. i thought of her the ENTIRE time i was making it. it somehow made me feel just a little bit closer.

2 comments:

Momma said...

You are a sweet, sweet person to send such gift to a far away friend. I bet she felt the loving thoughts from afar as your love is so stong. (wink)

Love the material! I considered an ergo that this tiny organic market has for 99 bucks. This place is so awesome and dont mind spending money there. It is so my kind of style!

This ergo you made looks custom and fancy! Love it!

elizabeth said...

the only thing left to do to it is add a pocket. a must for cell phone and keys.
i love the fabric too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...